The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He lasted 35 minutes,sitting still and being quiet.
We saw some squirrels, which was probably the best part of his time
out.
It was his first time tagging along and I was quite impressed he lasted as long as he did.
I didnt expect to actually get a deer, and it was the best 35 minutes I had in the woods this year (ranks up there with the time spent with my other boys)

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
How old is he? 35 minutes must have been an eternity for him. LOL

Good to see him out in the woods. Start 'em early.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I'm sure it was a big day for him, going hunting with Dad. Even when I was 12, it was a big day going hunting with my Dad and brothers. Wasn't allowed before that tho.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I can't wait for my little guy to be big enough to go. At 18 months, he cries for me when he sees me in camo and tears up as I walk out the door.......I hope that passion continues.
Keep up the good work, he'll soon be able to sit out there for hours with you

·
Banned
174 Posts
Great! 35 min must be standard for a 4 yo...;) I took my 4 yo out last night and it was about 35 min, but then here comes a deer. a small 4 point came in to 10 yards and he never moved a muscle - couldn't believe it.. It was amazing that seeing a deer nearly doubled his threshold...!..LOL.. anyway, i know exactly how you feel - here's to many great years and memories

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Nice! Always good to see families together!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Next time take a DS, ipod, a deer mag, ... trust me it works... and lots of food. 35 minutes will turn into hours.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I take my now 5 year old out. He likes saying he is hunting. I never take out for more than an hour. 35 seems about rite. His time has slowly increased. I let him make some grunts and rattle some. I don't expect to get one but who knows. I take out on nice days. Don't want him to get a bad experience. As soon as I see he seems he had enough I pull out.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
35 minutes will seem like hours to a young one. I took my Grandson out a few years ago when he was7 and after 1/2 hour he said,"pappy how long are we going to stay, we been here for 8 hours". We left at that time, with no regrets. Don't burn em out.
That little fellow looks

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Awesome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts