The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First 3 are from last year, last 2 from last week he has added some mass!!!!!!!

Date marking are wrong on last 2 pics

What do you think he will score?

I have been after him for 3 years, I think he is 5.5 years old this year

I think he can still grow this year?

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow! That's a good one. He's still growing as well notice how the tips of his tines appear like they have little balls on them that's a sign there still growing somewhere around the first week or two in august what ya see is what ya get minus the velvet.. Hope u can get a crack at him this fall! Best of luck to ya

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Low 150s once he’s done growing. Looked to be low 140s last year. You’ll get a better read on it when you’re slapping your tag on him.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have over 100 pics from last year, never saw him while in the stand. Pulled the bow back on him 2 times in 2016, no good shots. He is much smarter than I am, not filling my tag out yet. Trail cam do keep you pumped up though!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Nice buck!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
A few things. First it’s cool to see the first two pics. One hard horned and then the new velvet pic. It’s cool to see him in the same spot in different seasons. He has got to be patternable in early season. Second that is a bruiser of a buck. Good luck putting an arrow through him. He would be on my wall if I did. I hope we get to see pics of you standing over him!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all on your thoughts, he has me pumped, I am feeling like I am lucky just to have seen this buck in 2016, and how lucky I am to have so many pictures of him, he seems to love the cameras, not sure what it would be like to actually put a tag on him.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Best of luck trying to put your tag on him. A real example of AR in action...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
He is a dandy with a big old mature bucks body ! I'm thinking he was in the 130's last year and he will be in the 140's this year !
Good luck putting a tag on him ! I got obsessed with a mature buck and hunted him for 4 yrs and never saw him on the hoof ! While shead hunting the following spring I found him dead (hit by a car I believe) What a way to lose an old worrier !!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Beautiful buck! Good luck this season and hope you get him👍 Score is kinda tough to judge, especially in velvet when mass can be very deceiving. I’d say he should be a solid 130” buck this season.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I saw that, didn't have that last year, had the hook on the left side for past 3 years, thus his name is Captain Hook, he has a bunch a junk at the bases

1 - 19 of 19 Posts