Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[No message]

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears my hopes that 1/2 the membership of HPA would participate seem to be a bit optimistic so far.

It must be a hot topic and on the tip of every sportsmen's tongue with a total of 13 votes to date.

I hope one or two legislaters at least looked at it.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahaha!...we are rocking now with 14 participants!

This whole poaching and penalties sure must be a priority.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The fact that so few care is a sad commentary on PA sportsmen. Of course it could also be no one wants to play your game.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Dutch said:
Of course it could also be no one wants to play your game.
Count me among that group.
After rereading it, I still fail to see what deterrent there is for a poacher. IF, and only if, you get caught, you pay a minuscule fine and get charged with a crime that has about as much teeth as a speeding ticket. No risk of prison, no losing your weapon or vehicle, just a small fine. With the lack of WCOs, the odds of actually getting caught is pretty slim.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
John S said:
The fact that so few care is a sad commentary on PA sportsmen. Of course it could also be no one wants to play your game.
John, just out of curiosity. How many cases of poaching did you come upon where the one and only reason said animal was killed was to feed the poacher and his family?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Zero! It may have been that they wanted free meat or they got a thrill out of doing it or they had a sick affection for antlers, but never that they truely had no other way to feed themselves or their families.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John S said:
There is no game to be played.
Just curious as to how high a priority this actually is to the sporting folks. Personally I don't care how anyone votes on the poll.....The answer is all in the participation.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Of course it is a game, more of your pot stiring.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pot stirring or enlightening?
I been consistant on this issue from the beginning.
I don't beat down that easily John S....figured you of all people would know that.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only 9,975 to go!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No beat down Hodge, merely pointing out your methods of pot stiring.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone who doesn't agree with you most times is pot stirring.

Interesting fact.....twice as many people are more concerned with how much to tip the pizza guy than the poaching bill....go figure?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Could be many knew you were disingenuous with the pole, you know, pot stiring so they decided not to play.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
John S said:
Could be many knew you were disingenuous with the pole, you know, pot stiring so they decided not to play.
Or it could be that the other 22000+ registered users really dont care!!

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or it could be that the other 22000+ registered users really dont care!!
I tend to believe you are pretty close to correct.
Lucky for the pizza guy ehh?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I bet if it was only about more deer they would care!

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John S said:
I bet if it was only about more deer they would care!
If I remember right the buzz phrase "they are stealing our deer" was part of the mantra. So basically "about more deer" was already used. And even with that; tipping the pizza guy is a bigger priority by HPA membership, by better than 2 to 1....go figure?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Not surprising, some folks can't get a deer, anyone can get a pizza, just pick up the phone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts