The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bluetick, check out HB357 I understand my local Rep Oberlander's name is one of many on the bill.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Waiting for it to be introduced. As of this mornings potings, the bill is still being written. In any event, I usually wait until the actual bill and text are posted and formally introduced.

On my radar.

Love the bill number... 357. Heck of a number for a pro gun bill!

Then again, the castle Doctrine bill was HB 44 first time around.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This is what I found on the general assemby session page:

MEMORANDUM

Posted:

January 11, 2013 04:12 PM

Representative Daryl Metcalfe

To:

All House members

Subject:

Right to Bear Arms Protection Act

I am currently having legislation drafted that is similar to firearm legislation recently introduced in Wyoming. My legislation would prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. My legislation would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.

I hope you will join me in defending the Second Amendment in Pennsylvania.

If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Wilbourn at [email protected] or 717-783-1707.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in Rep. Oberlander's office today and was told about the bill and that she was proudly a co-sponsor.

They used 357 as they knew it would be "special" and we supporters of the 2nd A. would remember it.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
My local rep Tommy Sankey is also co-sponsoring the bill......

·
Administrator
15,131 Posts
WHAT: PA House State Government Committee Majority Chairman Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler), sponsor of the Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357), will face off against State Sen. Larry Farnese (D-Philadelphia) on the topic of Pennsylvania gun laws.

Viewers are invited to participate in Pennsylvania Cable Network's Live Call-In Program by dialing toll-free 1-877-726-5001.

WHEN: Tuesday, Feb. 12

TIME: 7 p.m.

CHANNEL: Pennsylvania Cable Network

INFORMATION: Visit PCNTV.com for a list of additional air times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts