The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HARRISBURG, PA — State Rep. Bryan Barbin, D- Cambria/Somerset, announced that he has introduced a bill, HB 2160, to expand deer hunting opportunities for junior and senior license holders, active-duty resident military personnel and hunters with disabilities.

The bill would allow these licensed hunters to harvest an antlerless deer during the first day of statewide regular firearm season. Currently, in most areas of the state, the first five days of deer firearm season are restricted to antlered deer only.

“Allowing these hunters to harvest both doe and buck deer on opening day of rifle season will give these deserving license buyers a more successful, higher-quality hunt,” Barbin said. “I’m encouraging my colleagues to join me in supporting this legislation.”

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
Maybe he should go testify in front of the PGC BOC and make his suggestion since that is how seasons and bag limits are established. This is just more legislative overreach.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Some of the legiscritters, especially those in "bed" with the USP, think we should spend more time and money in the north woods. If this passes there will be less hunters in the woods or camps starting on Tuesday morning, even more than now.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just another example of the general assembly not knowing their place.

Reactions: R. S. B.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts