The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting one of theses for my Summit Titan next year. Has anyone used one? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
My son and I put them on all our Summits this past year- his Goliath, my Goliath which is used the last 3 weeks of archery and all of gun season, and I have a Bushmaster top section for early archery. I put in over 130 hours in my Summit with the Hazemor seat this archery season, so I feel my evaluation has some merit.

First and foremost, ease of climbing--tremendously easy to climb with this seat versus the traditional seat. Second, weight, I think you reduce the overall weight of the stand by 3-4 pounds, which by the end of the season, that begins to wear on you carrying it in. Third, comfort- you sacrifice a little comfort on your back, but not your butt. The sling/hammock style seat is every bit as comfortable as the regular seat. Fourth, packing the stand is much easier, just make sure the seat doesn't slide too far to the rear before you hook up the platform section.
Fifth- positioning in the stand. For archery, it sits you higher between the arm rests, making sit down shooting easier, and standing easier. This becomes a negative for gun season, I went back to the traditional seat because I like to sit lower and use the front rail as a rest for my elbow to take a shot. I also like the traditional seat for gun season for the added warmth.

Summation--well worth the couple of bucks- no regrets for archery season- will continue to switch back and forth when going from archery to gun season. As I pack my stuff up for the winter and spring, I will be putting my Hazemor back on my Goliath (it never came off my Bushmaster).

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Dont mean to hijack, but I think I'll be looking into one for my open shot, and I'm assuming it will work. However, my open shot has a flip up seat that is on a bar attached to the top section. I guess I would have to remove that bar to put on this seat? It says on the website that the normal summit seat will not fit the open shot. I cant find one that does either...Anyone know if theres a replacement for the open shot seat?

·
Registered
15,345 Posts
i wonder if the flip up seat on your openshot would fit other summits? i'm thinking about getting a summit, but i don't care for the seat on the other models. seems like it would be in the way for climbing or standing up.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Thats the reason I bought the open shot in the first place. I absolutely hate the stock summit seats. I just sold a viper ss for that reason. I hate the seat. I also hate the weight, the bulk, and the immobility that comes with all of it. The open shot is exactly what I need, and if I could make it even more lightweight and more mobile I would.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like you can't go wrong for the about $20 plus shipping.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
they work great . As Hittingguru says it sits you up higher for archery shots . Very quiet to slide out of the way when standing .

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Placed my order for 2, one for me and one for my son.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I use one on my viper. I think the biggest plus is the ease of packing/unpacking the stand at your tree. Much quicker and quieter (and no cursing at the stand anymore!), especially in the dark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts