The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's property in NC PA has a ton of hawthorne trees. I was curious if any other out there have hawthornes on their property. If so do you notice any deer, bear or turkey eating the berries in the fall? They cover a lot of ground in the higher parts of our low lands. If we don't see many animals besides song birds eating these berries we might make this area into another food plot or bedding area. There's about 20-30 tree covering about half an acre.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My dad's property in NC PA has a ton of hawthorne trees. I was curious if any other out there have hawthornes on their property. If so do you notice any deer, bear or turkey eating the berries in the fall? They cover a lot of ground in the higher parts of our low lands. If we don't see many animals besides song birds eating these berries we might make this area into another food plot or bedding area. There's about 20-30 tree covering about half an acre.
Sounds like a good area for a trail camera!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
etown54..We are across the street from you near Brookland and we have huge chunks of hawthorne. Only seen grouse eat at them but grouse are now hard to find in that area of Potter.Plenty of bear in the area we might get pics of them eating those little berries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts