The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawke XB-30 Compact.
Optical clarity is much better than last years XB1 model. The illumination dial has been replaced with a digital touchpad. The illumination goes down to a lower level than before, so that the light doesn't flood the scope and wash out the reticle. Merging of the reticle has been greatly reduced for those of us with poor vision. It's rated for bows from 250-425 f.p.s. All Hawke scopes are covered by the new forever warranty.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Nice. I would like to see Hawke do some variable 1-5 and 2-7 compact FFP scopes with multi reticles. Being able to have variable magnification without affecting your yardages is missing in crossbow scopes.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dpms said:
Nice. I would like to see Hawke do some variable 1-5 and 2-7 compact FFP scopes with multi reticles. Being able to have variable magnification without affecting your yardages is missing in crossbow scopes.
I agree. Mentioned it again this year. Maybe someday.
Blue illumination is on my wish list too. It's so much easier to see and very user friendly.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I just confirmed this today. Blue Illumination is finally here. This is a great thing for those of us that had problems seeing the red/green.

The problem is that red and green are in the high end of the color spectrum. Blue is in the low end of the color spectrum. If you can't see red, chances are you won't be able to see the green. However, blue is a color you can likely see very well. I know that for me personally, the blue is the way to go. I've never had much luck with the red/green at dusk and dawn. Blue solves the problem.

There are now 10 levels of light intensity. This allows you to go much lower than before and it should be amazing at dusk and dawn. It also has a power saving feature. It will automatically turn itself off after one hour of inactivity.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
The auto-shutoff thing will be a great feature as well. Don't know how many times I have left mine on. It can get expensive replacing thos little batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts