The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck with hawbakers fisher lure. Also is it a gland lure? It's says it's made for colder climates but it's a sweet musky smell unless I'm sicker than I thought.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have had my best luck with Nite Owl red fox gland lure. Skunky smelling lure there are better imo than Gusto.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone set with gusto, one with hb fisher skunk off to sides, one with gusto and hb. Used lightly tainted rabbit and blood deer liver at different sets. Good luck to you all as well and thanks. I'll try others when I get a chance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't caught a fisher yet but I've caught three bobcats in the last week that weighed 24, 28.1 & 31.1. I kept the 31 pounder as it was the biggest I've ever caught. I was using hawbakers fisher lure at every one. Go figure

·
Registered
229 Posts
jed74 said:
I haven't caught a fisher yet but I've caught three bobcats in the last week that weighed 24, 28.1 & 31.1. I kept the 31 pounder as it was the biggest I've ever caught. I was using hawbakers fisher lure at every one. Go figure
How did you know what the other tow weighted when only allowed one and had to release the other two?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I cover them with a tub and put a lid on it, instead of using a catch pole. Less stress on the animal and easier to handle once they are in it. I put a strap around the tub then weigh the whole thing. Subtract the weight of tub and strap and you got the weight of the cat. 29 lb was my biggest from 4 years ago and I wanted one over 30 for a mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts