The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a cabin in Tidioute with a well for water. Anybody know how I can get the water tested? We don't drink it, but use it for everything else. I want to get it tested to see if it is indeed ok to drink.
ski

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
We are trying to get our well water tested as well. Found out from the lab folks that the water sample needs to be AT the lab within 24 hours. There is a lab near us at home but getting them the sample fast is tough. Need to find a place in Bradford co. apparently some organisms die within 24 hours and they want to do an accurate test.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
If you got to Culligan Water in Warren They will give you a sterile container and have your water tested. We are planning on having ours done as well. Just have to go on a weekday when they are open.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
While your getting you water tested. You may want to have them test it for heavy metals and the chemicals that they use in fracking gas wells. That way if they start to drill in your area, and there are issues, you will have a base line of the water quality to start with.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had my camp well water tested by Wilkes University. You can find the contact info on the internet. They will send you a sterile kit, you ship back the samples, and they provide a detailed analysis. I don't remember the cost.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can get a kit from Warren County, the office is in an old a school building near Youngsville. Included are sample bottles with instructions and prices for different tests you want, it's in a shipping box you mail to Penn State.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts