The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Paid our county sheriff $30 for my current LTC, in June of 2006. That included them taking my mug shot. Every LTC I've ever had, was plastic laminated.

In June of 2001, the fee was $25.

·
Registered
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pennsylvania's Uniform Firearms Act gives county sheriffs the responsibility for handling concealed firearms licenses in most areas, including the Lehigh Valley. That law also sets the fee for such permits at $25 and says anyone "who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection" could be charged with a summary offense.
I can remember the paper cards from our county about 15 years ago. The last 2 permits I had were plastic. What I didn't know is the law that says they can't charge more than $25 for a permit. I am pretty sure I paid more than $25 about 3 years ago.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
$25 for the permit; Coupla bucks for the pic, if they take it; Another buck or two for the lamination process...and $5 to get back out of the courthouse.

Like I tell people when I'm parking them for our club's fishing derby each spring, when they ask if it's free: Tell 'em the kids can fish for free, but it'll cost the adults $10 to get out of the parking area, afterwards.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Could be wrong....
but I'm fairly certain I paid $45 for mine in Bucks County for the plastic "drivers license" style permit. That was in 2007.

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
Mine was $25 and so was my wife's.Parking was $13.nj ed.NJ is the dirtiest place I have even been to.Cost of living is high and it is close to a police state.I would never live there and most likely will never visit there again.I suggest you have the law changed to protect your rights.Sorry if my viewpoint upsets you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts