The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever do this? Im thinking of hauling a shed down to WV, it should meet the height and width requirements. Im worried about it being top heavy and shingles flying off of it.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
We hired someone to haul ours up to Snowshoe, he was from Lancaster and took care of the permits and all.....
check around with the builders to get some prices and names...This guys do this for a living...

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid to have it moved 6 miles last time, cost me 250 bucks, cant imagine what it would be to haul it 300 miles to WV, Id probably just buy one there and have it delivered.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I'm the only idiot who's ever thought about doing this

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i think loading it without damaging it will be the most difficult part . shed haulers have roll back trucks with rollers for a bed.

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
300 miles is a long way to go. If your trailer can handle the weight you should be OK. How big is the shed?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill have to measure it, but Im pretty sure its below the max width for a trailer. Im an wondering about the weight, gonna have to try and figure that out.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I built an enclosure to hold a 50 gallon water heater at camp when my 6 gal RV water heater went bad. The enclosure looks like an outhouse with vinyl siding and a shingle roof. Also moved a refrigerator, freezer and air compressor on the same load. Looked like the Beverly Hillbillies were moving. Siding and shingles survived the 250 mile drive ok.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
If it is wider than 8 ft 6 in you will need permits and your route must be specified and each state requires its own permits........

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
No Ghost you are not the only idiot. I did it a couple years back. Just used blocking and jacks to get it high enough and backed the trailer under it and lowered it down. I was only traveling about 6 miles on a couple back roads though

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
We moved one from Lehighton to Mechanicsburg back in 1983. The trailer was a frame from an old camper. Built a square box onto the frame out of 2x6's for it sit on, that way it cleared the tires and stuff. Used jacks and blocks to lift it up high enough and just backed the trailer in under it. Then just strapped it down and away we went. Was about 90 miles and had no trouble with shingles or anything flying off. The w hole thing actually went rather smooth.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I just measured it, its 112 inches wide, looks like it might be staying put

1 - 12 of 12 Posts