The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that although I don't frequent the ML forums as much as I used to, you guys still do a great job of helping each other out and supporting the sport you love.

It's nice to know there's still a good group of people on this site who are looking out for others.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
We don't always agree on everything but we do agree that we enjoy our muzzys and helping others get started in a great sport!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I gotta agree with you , there are some very helpful folks here.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
you got that right 410-er, we are not all a like but we know what we like, oh that sweet smell of black powder
I have learned a lot from these forums and have meet some really cool people. It feels good to be able to help others out now.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
...even when there is rain....they never complain.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I think the enthusiasm inherent in choosing to immerse one's self in the history and functioning of these unique firearms, results in wishing to share with others an understanding of black powder, flintlocks, patched roundballs, and how all these elements best combine to consistently go "bang".

Not everyone will understand or appreciate our enthusiasm, and that's all right. However, when someone new seems to have developed a genuine interest, and a spark of enthusiam is apparent, not one person here would hesitate to share their experiences with black powder and sidelocks to bring that new person along.

After the new person is truly hooked, then we can make up stuff about how accurately we all shoot, and how we only hunt with these unique guns because we are interested only in the harvest!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
To me it is like having a second childhood! I can dress in Buckskins and carry a Tomahawk and knife in my belt. I have an actual Powder horn and Longrifle just like my Forefathers did. No feeling like it. As to fellow shooters,it is a comradship. Why, at our last shoot the targets my Boy and I had really impressed the guys. In fact, after the shoot they were so impressed a few of them shot the one to pieces, stand and all......

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
stevenstiegel said:
Just wanted to say that although I don't frequent the ML forums as much as I used to, you guys still do a great job of helping each other out and supporting the sport you love.
Cult members I say!! Cult members! What a great cult to belong to for sure!!

It's nice to know there's still a good group of people on this site who are looking out for others.

Keep up the good work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts