The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of starting to have a hat pin made each year as a deer season keepsake. I've seen them before with the state, year, and a picture of a buck on them. Has anyone seen these before and could you recommend a place to have them made? I went to google, but the results are all over the place.

Registered
I have been a little surprised that folks have not had pins with the tassels like the Germans and Austrians use on their hats. They are called a Gamsbart and the tassel is usually made from stag fur or wild boar bristles. You can buy the empty holder/pin and insert some deer hair, grouse feathers, etc from your trophy game animal.

https://www.germanimporthaus.com/hats-pins-feathers-and-gamsbarts/

I have a gamsbart of deer hair, but don't wear hats, except FO when hunting.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an idea from the outdoor shop. I was looking for more of a 1 inch wide round button. I've seen them before, but I'll have to keep digging around for someone who makes them.

Registered
Fallair...

Here are some websites to make custom buttons/pins. I have made them before on website like this, I just couldn't find the website I had used in the past. I provide a few links, some are more expensive than others but all are within a few dollars plus shipping and most allow you do create whatever you want on them.
Make Buttons | Pin Buttons | Custom Buttons | Badge Pins | Pinback Buttons
https://www.justbuttons.org/
make - CafePress

Hope this is what you are looking for, you can also choose different sizes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet! Maybe it's the firewall I'm behind, but I couldn't figure out how to make them. I'll have to try from home. Thanks for the info.

Registered
I remember them as 'club' pins, you bought pins for each small game hunter and a book of chances for the fund that supported the pheasants released on the farms the 'club' could hunt. The farmers let any hunters with pins park and hunt if they asked.

It's all houses now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts