The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was wondering the same thing when I saw that in the PA Outdoor News I just received.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
That would be great to have a top scoring buck come from the gateway to God's Country..

Great buck.. Shows some age.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Did anybody catch the part of him being 40-45 feet up a tree in a climber, and he left his climber IN THE TREE and shimmied down the tree ?
I mean, I can see wanting to get on a Deer like that, but that may be taking excitement and hurrying a bit too far.

·
Registered
822 Posts
He's a better man than Me , I wouldn't go that high if someone had a gun to my head , never mind shimmy down the tree..........lol

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
COngrats on the deer though, even if he embelished the story a little.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
40-45 feet. Yeah I almost believe that. It would take at least 9 to 10 lone wolf sticks to get that high. Thats HIGH

Deer is big though

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That is definitely the same buck. Although I question the 40' up in the tree statement...congrats to him on a great trophy!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Awesome deer and congrats to him!!!!Dressed 170 and estimated live weight of 250??? Did he field dress off one of the hinds?

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Awesome deer and congrats to him!!!!Dressed 170 and estimated live weight of 250???
I was thinking that also,
. He got a great Deer, but there are some things in his story that are pretty bizzare... or outlandish (see far-fetched).... starting with his wife writing him the cutesy note.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Fleroo said:
Awesome deer and congrats to him!!!!Dressed 170 and estimated live weight of 250???
I was thinking that also,
. He got a great Deer, but there are some things in his story that are pretty bizzare... or outlandish (see far-fetched).... starting with his wife writing him the cutesy note.
40 feet is a 4 story building. That's REALLY high. The 10 point I killed in 2010 field dressed 185 pounds. I got several good estimates based on the field dressed weight. Most between 215 and 225 on the hoof. If that buck field dressed 170 IMO he may have went around 205 or 210 but 250?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts