The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever had experience switching from shooting right handed to left handed due to an eye injury??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have not but my father has.

He ended up using the same rifles and crossbow that he has but went with a product from R.W. Hart in PA.

It attaches to any weaver base and offsets the optic about 1.5 inches to the left so that the scope aligns with the left eye. I don't know what it is called. It's an offset scope mount. The new base uses any Weaver rings that you want. It is well built and certainly less than a left-handed rifle while being more convenient than learning to shoot a new way.

He has done very well with it. I've shot it with no issues whatsoever. Just make sure that when you sight in, you either want to POI 1.5" to the right or you aim 1.5" to the left to maintain longer range accuracy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was switched when I went into the Army you will find that you shoot better. My left eye is my dominant eye and I am right handed have had no problems with either handed rifle and a pistol is not a problem. Shoot left handed if I can do it you certainly can and I have not had any issues with any of my rifles all are right handed for the price.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I have. I shot right handed until I was 18 or so. I had bad vision in my right eye from glaucoma, but it kept getting worse to the point that one day, I just switched. It was really easy for me, and my shooting really improved.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I am naturally right handed and shot that way for the first 17 years that I hunted. I have nearsightedness and astigmatism in my right eye and my eyesight is BAD. My left eye is much better-near perfect vision so I started shooting lefty 16 years ago now.
It seems foreign at first, but the more you do it the more comfortable you will be with it. Now I can't really remember shooting righty and I shoot much, much better lefty just because I can see more clearly that way. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts