The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped to buy some additional Black powder yesterday, buy all they had was SCHUETZEN powder. Has anyone ever used this type of powder? and how does it compare to GOEX.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have been useing it for 4 years, Its smaller than goex, 2f size is 3f goex, Burns good, much less odor from sulphur.
I will not go back to goex unless its its the only powder left.

Stan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good stuff. I've been using it for quite a few years. It burns much cleaner than Goex.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I bought 5 lbs of Schuetzen last year. I'm very happy with it. It was cheaper than goex at the time, so I bought it. It burns very clean and I haven't lost anything in accuracy, so I will most likely be buying it this year too.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Ive used it when i could find it....like others said..cleaner than goex..and seemed more powerful...

Wish i coukd find some swiss..it is supposed to be great...goex works...but if there is something better i.want it!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dixions near allentown has it,
610-756-6271
Not cheap but I saw little differance between that and SCHUETZEN
good luck, Stan

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
54flint said:
I stopped to buy some additional Black powder yesterday, buy all they had was SCHUETZEN powder. Has anyone ever used this type of powder? and how does it compare to GOEX.
Schuetzen manufactuers and/or/distributes several grades of black powder. Schuetzen has exclusive distribution for Swiss Black Powder for North America. I use their Swiss & found it to be the best out there... bar none.

Check Out: http://www.schuetzenpowder.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=54

1 - 13 of 13 Posts