The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the subject says it all.

Just wondering if any one has mounted one on their xbow, and if they mounted it under or over the flight rail?
Or, if some one makes a mount for my parker buck buster HP before I try and build one for my self.
Ohh, and i am hitting up arrowhead on the slick trick 175 grain grn broadhead test results.
Thank for any replies, Roland

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Slick Trick 175...should be tested today. Still working on the string stoppers for the Enforcer today too.

String Tracker. You might be able to mount it along with the quiver. I don't think they make a bracket, but I'll have to look later today.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
roland45 said:
I guess the subject says it all.

Just wondering if any one has mounted one on their xbow, and if they mounted it under or over the flight rail?
Or, if some one makes a mount for my parker buck buster HP before I try and build one for my self.
Ohh, and i am hitting up arrowhead on the slick trick 175 grain grn broadhead test results.
Thank for any replies, Roland
I tried that on a duck once not good !!!!

with todays speeds accuracy and 2 1/2 inch expandables you shouldn't need that thing

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
They make a mounting bracket that appears to mount to the quiver of a regular bow. It probably won't fit a crossbow due to the quiver being mounted sideways. Looks like you will need to build one. I would most likey try to mount it under the bow.

I never did any testing along this line. That being said, I'm thinking this probably won't work very well with most crossbows.

·
Super Moderator
4,598 Posts
Those string trackers can make an arrow act funny.When I had a compound I tried one because I'm color blind.I watched the arrow jump because of the string tracker.Lucky for me the nine point came back for a second shot.Turns out the blood was so heavy anyone would have been able to see it.He went less than 20 yards.I advise against even trying a string tracker.If you have trouble tracking get peroxide and a spray bottle.Spray suspect areas and the blood will foam.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Don't bother those things are pointless. if the deer zig zags the cord gets caught between the trees and snaps. total garbage. You will recover more deer with practice and a sharp broadhead than having that piece of garbage on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts