The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting into calling for bobcats in PA, in 2F. I have called in coyotes, but thought about giving this a try with a FoxPro. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Maverick6714 said:
bees_obrien said:
yes do your scouting and be prepared to stay on stand longer than you would for fox
What should you be looking for when scouting for bobcat habitat, other than prints or scat?
Litter boxes and catnip are dead giveaways.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Sure, Try calling for turkey....works like a charm every Spring for me

Good luck

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

Sure have.

Look for thick cover and scout hard.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
If you reload, try a .22 cal hornandy 50gr SPSX and keep it under 3k fps. Have not had one exit a pelt yet from my .222

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
.223 55 gr psp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yep got one last year..and buddy got year before. we have fox pros...killed them both with luckybird sound...cats like high pitched bird sounds...nutty nuthatch also good and baby bee cottontail.. they usually come right in and set down...these cats came right in first few min of call being on....actually quicker then the greys do.. good luck

·
Registered
927 Posts
I saw one walk across the road while camping in and it was crazy, i thought it was a monkey at first because of the long legs but i was driving ha

·
Registered
653 Posts
+1 on the lucky bird sound every cat i called in with my foxpro has been with that sound....only thing i ever called in with that sound actually

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
matthewbow said:
Samuel what load are you useing and what caliber 22hornet 223 22-250
Off the top of my head I do not remember. Will have to look through my chronograph notes. I shoot a .222.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have using a fox pro and believe or not grey fox distress. Shot with .221 fireball and did a lot of damage. It's tough to find sign with no snow. They act just like a house cat. They take there good old time coming in.

·
Banned
491 Posts
Using a rabbit in distress mouth call during this past bear season I called a bobcat in to about 20 yards. My first up close encounter with a cat - i hit the call softly sitting above a rhodedendron covered cliff hoping to draw an opportunistic bear out, I worked the call about 3 minutes, again, on the soft side, but only managed to see the cat....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts