The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
That is ridiculous, and disgusting........

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
We can argue and female dog all day about the rules, but we all know them, and James knows them. At some point he's just being a dumb donkey. You're not proving anything James, it's not "#Occupy Gooddell" your protest of the rules is hurting the team.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
He did nothing wrong, or against the rules though........he tackled a would be runner,m who happened to switch to passing mode too late.........who was moving therefore at some point he has to decide what to do........I guess defenders are supposed to play 1/2 speed so they make sure the other players dont move resulting in head to head hits

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
He did nothing wrong, or against the rules though........he tackled a would be runner,m who happened to switch to passing mode too late.........who was moving therefore at some point he has to decide what to do........I guess defenders are supposed to play 1/2 speed so they make sure the other players dont move resulting in head to head hits
Take your Steelers blinders off for a minute. Harrison hit him helmet to helmet. Thats against the rules...simple as that. He was told time and time again, fined time and time again....and STILL won't learn his lesson. Maybe this time it'll get through to him.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I dont have any blinders on.........I just think it is absurd.......I dont care if it was RAY LEWIS hitting him I still dont think it warrants a suspension........ANd I dont even need to start on the fact that the rule never gets enforced consistently........take for instance the Ray Lewis Hines Ward hit in the last Ravens Steelers game.......no penalty....but he did get fined

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
rlfb74 said:
Take your Steelers blinders off for a minute. Harrison hit him helmet to helmet. Thats against the rules...simple as that. He was told time and time again, fined time and time again....and STILL won't learn his lesson. Maybe this time it'll get through to him.
HA! You don't even know the rules. There is no helmet-to-helmet rule against a runner. Only receiver.

Colt was running with the ball and got clocked. It has been debated by the experts on every sports channel in America. Could have gone either way, but Goodel hates Harrison and the Steelers. Period!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
John Henry said:
rlfb74 said:
HA! You don't even know the rules. There is no helmet-to-helmet rule against a runner. Only receiver.

Colt was running with the ball and got clocked. It has been debated by the experts on every sports channel in America. Could have gone either way, but Goodel hates Harrison and the Steelers. Period!!
Exactly...James thought he was a runner; we all did. No helmet to helmet on a runner. Unfortunately, McCoy was scrambling behind the line of scrimmage and just so happened to dink it off to a receiver at the last micro second. Hard to blame James too much for not being able to pull up on that one. Easy to say when you see it in slow mo but he was wrapping up McCoy with both arms and burying his facemask in McCoys chest. Between McCoy being a midget and ducking into the hit, helmet to helmet was gonna happen...

Fine, maybe, suspension, just gooddell playing "god" again.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
fined time and time again....
His last fine was in nov. of last year,i believe he went 18 games without a fine he should have been off double secret probation by then, although his rant against the commish in the summer didnt help his cause.Besides being suspended 1 game he loses a game check valued at over $200,000.00.OUCH

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
John Henry said:
rlfb74 said:

Check out the rule section of NFL.com, hoss. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Hits on Defenseless Players

NFL rules provide special protection to defenseless players, by prohibiting (a) hits delivered to their head or neck area by an opponent with his helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder, and (b) hits delivered by an opponent with his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/"hairline" parts) against any part of the defenseless player's body (i.e., "butting, spearing, or ramming" a defenseless player.)

Defenseless players are defined as (a) a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass; (b) a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass; (c) a runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped; (d) a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air; and (e) a player on the ground at the end of a play.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
McCoy didn't duck. Harrison wasn't going for the waist. Let's get real. Like I said, we can argue the merits of the rules all day, but in the end, Harrison is sitting because he broke the rules.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
When a QB tucks the ball and runs out of the pocket, he's no longer a QB. He's a running back. Dumping the ball off at the last second doesn't magically turn him back into a QB. There aren't any "take backs". Had he held the ball in his hand and scrambled around looking for a reciever and got clocked like that, then I agree totally with the call. He had already run several times for positive yards. He tucked the ball and tried to do it again until he saw Harrison closing in.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
McCoy didn't duck. Harrison wasn't going for the waist. Let's get real. Like I said, we can argue the merits of the rules all day, but in the end, Harrison is sitting because he broke the rules.
+1

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
So technically, if a running back is moving along, he can just pull up and toss the ball away at the last second for a free 15?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
As long as its behind the line of scrimmage it would seem.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
rlfb74 said:
PossumBackstrap said:
+1
Didn't say he went for the waist. I said he buried his facemask in McCoys chest and in the process, the top of Harrison's helmet contacted McCoy's facemask. James was approaching the tackle as if McCoy was a runner, which everyone watching and probably playing the game thought at that moment since he had tucked it and started running.

McCoy also had GREAT lessons at acting school when he "earned" a 15 yarder against Farrior out of bounds. It looked as if Farrior brushed him barely and was almost trying to hold him up..

Oh well. Just hope they git r done against the 49ers.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
So technically, if a running back is moving along, he can just pull up and toss the ball away at the last second for a free 15?
what, you've never heard of the old run-pass rb option that ronnie brown made so famous?

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Until he's beyond the LOS, which he was. We're all still hung up on whether the rule stinks or not. That point is moot.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
James oughtta just throw punches QB's instead of hitting them with his helmet...that's just a little dinky fine...

1 - 20 of 133 Posts