The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out what the mayor of Harrisburg wrote in response to the Outdoor show cancelling!! How pathetic and uneducated!! Shes part of the problem...

Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson also released the following statement on the cancellation of the show:

"It is unfortunate that Reed Exhibitions of Norwalk, CT has made the business decision to postpone the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show scheduled for the City of Harrisburg in February.

It is also unfortunate that legal gun owners and the many families who have enjoyed a long tradition of hunting in the beautiful rural environment around the region will be deprived of this major event because of a controversy caused by firearms manufacturers who profit from the sale of weapons designed for the mass killing of human beings.

Many regional arms and outdoor vendors and related services have been hurt by the postponement as well. This kind of conflict within the firearms community is the result of years of polarization between the majority American sportsmen and hunters who exercise their constitutional right to bear arms and at the same time favor reasonable illegal gun controls, and a minority of NRA members who refuse to recognize the very real problem of illegal military style weaponry and the mass havoc such weapons facilitate

This was pulled from Facebook.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Hahaha. ! that woman is insane. The likes of her caused it. And she still wants to put the blame on guns.

·
Super Moderator
29,201 Posts
If those are her words, she is dumber than John S said she is!!

There been some speculation that Reed may have been pressured by some level of gov't. Seems plausible it was her.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is truly people like her that are polarizing this country. It is that fact that we can live and let live, that we have issues like this. They want it all and will not budge on their beliefs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just google her name and the fiascos going on in the city of harrsburg to find out just how "off base" (had to find a way to put it nicely on here) that this woman is!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
And with Harrisburg being the financially-sound bastion of safety, decency and low crime that it is, she knows of what she speaks!!! LMAO!! Some "military arms" down there in the right hands would do a world of good for law-abiding citizens there living with that crap she won't do anything about!!!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
it is the pig headed politics that are dividing this country... she sounds like a mentally disorder liberal... government is the problem... we need to vote these bums out!

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is another example of how we can stand together. Inform others when it's time to vote for these kind of people. VOTE her out of office next time.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
30-06kid said:
Check out what the mayor of Harrisburg wrote in response to the Outdoor show cancelling!! How pathetic and uneducated!! Shes part of the problem...

Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson... "It is also unfortunate that legal gun owners and the many families who have enjoyed a long tradition of hunting in the beautiful rural environment around the region will be deprived of this major event because of a controversy caused by firearms manufacturers who profit from the sale of weapons designed for the mass killing of human beings.
HaHa. She doesn't know what she's talking about. She's saying this was driven by gun manufacturers. This was a grassroots effort. Gun manufacturers pulled out late in the game; same with the NRA. It's the people who have spoken, not the "gun lobby," or the gun manufacturers.

Steve.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's a typical blame passing statement. Lets not be truthful and tell people why the show was really cancelled but point the blame somewhere else and exaggerate the sport rifles more. I'm glad I don't live there. I say move the show somewhere else in pa. A lot of other venues that could house the show and communities that would love the business.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
"Typical Stupid Liberal Politician" I hope So... Maybe she dosen't want the truth to be known. You know what they say. Crazy like a fox.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
whil e kioti said:
"Typical Stupid Liberal Politician" I hope So... Maybe she dosen't want the truth to be known. You know what they say. Crazy like a fox.
No trust me my parents live in the 'burbs of H-burg, and I spend alot of time working in that area. Shes more dumb like a rock, and thats insulting to the rock!

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
We fail to recognize the 'very real problem of illegal military style weaponry'??? Mrs. Mayor, please name the last ILLEGAL weapon that created mass havoc. I had no idea Reed had planned on having illegal weapons there....my bad....

This is the best Harrisburg can do for a Mayor? Way to go informed voters!!! (Not directed at any HPA member)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts