The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a good woods walk today, shot the course twice, the second time in the rain(no ignition problems).

Had a good time picking on and being picked on by a bunch of realy good friends.
A new shooter showed up today (Brewyak) who shot well for being the new guy

We would like to see some other new faces. Come on out and shoot guys you might learn some things and make new friends

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yup, I agree, second that motion, etc. . .
First time, will go again in a heartbeat. Great pratice, you will figure out you as a shooter and your gun as well

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can either of you give me some information on your gatherings. Sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The woods walk shoots are Sundays from 8:00 to 2:30 for the next ten weeks

Traditional muzzleloaders(flint or perc.) patched round ball only.
Ten shot course steel silhouette targets of varying size and shape(anything from chipmunks to elk) at distance from 10 to 120 yards.
You will be taken through the course in groups of 5 to 8 shooters, targets are scored hit or miss.
There is a three clatch rule per target.

They are always looking for new shooters.
you don't have to shoot the league you can just shoot for fun and practice.

There is always food coffee and drinks in the club house. Come on out and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah, leftys have rights too. Come on out, yesterday was my first time, I shot my Lyman deersalker and shot (well) Come on out I am planning on going out next week unless the weather is really bad

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got a bad case of cabin fever and am looking for a woodswalk. Can you give me directions from Ephrata? Do folks wear period garb? Thanks

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Here is their address

6611 Hunters Run Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111-4828

http://www.harrisburghunters.org

period garb is not required some people wear it and some don't. Patch and ball only no inlines.

would be fun to see you looking to be a little chilly on sunday

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
A question for you guys - are the membership cards mailed or must we pick them up at the office ? It has been twom weeks . Thanks....Finn

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finn I'm not a HH&A member ,Just like to support their Black powder shoots.

I would log on to their web get a phone # and make some calls if I were you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts