The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has started racing his dirt bike. The link below is technically his second race but really his first. The first race he had difficulty with the start and then his his chain kept popping so he couldn't finish the race. This past race we were in it to finish! Just a finish is all we were looking for. He did great with a couple of minor dumps but he finished. If you aren't familiar with pee wee hare scrambles they are 45 to 60 minute races on trail riding type courses with stumps, logs, roots, hills, creeks, etc. Some of the courses are pretty nasty. The course runs between 1.5 and 3 miles long. Check out the vid we put together of his last race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbxH6AIfUA

All of the video is of the first lap. It turned out pretty good but this is the first video we have ever put together so we have some learning to do also. Last weekend he had off from any races as Evansville was cancelled. We are leaving tomorrow for Long Beach Island NJ for his next race. This year is a learning year for him. He is running a TTR 90 4-stroke right now and will be upgrading to a KTM 65 2-stroke in October. He is enoying it allot and so am I. Next year he will have to decide between Hare Scrambles and MotoX.

I will have more vid of this weekends race to post up. Right now its off to practice for the race!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Brought back a lot of childhood memories except it was motoX for me with the occasional hare scramble. Remember to have fun.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I wish my parents would have let me do something like that when I was a kid...nice job on the video.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Great video. Looks like he had a lot of fun and that's what counts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts