The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth a guy I run hounds with told me he was talking to Carl Roe just a couple days ago and was informed that hare will be back in statwide next season.

·
Banned
300 Posts
well...if it is that proves once again the PGC is totally worthless. Close a season down without a scientific reason and then reopen it the next year with out any research done. Morons!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
What do you mean back in? You mean we were not supposed to be shooting hare this year. I wondered why it was so quiet this year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
baldy said:
well...if it is that proves once again the PGC is totally worthless. Close a season down without a scientific reason and then reopen it the next year with out any research done. Morons!!
Do you ever stop running your mouth?

·
Banned
300 Posts
Mease535 said:
baldy said:

Buddy,Buddy,Buddy....I know you're the hare commander or some nonsense like that but please use your head here some instead of a hat rack...OK!!! The PGC closes down a season claiming the population is low and they need to do studies to help support this...Ok. I hope I'm not going to fast here for you Buddy. Then they're going to open it without doing any studies to prove their decision....does this sound alright to you. See Buddy.... you might think I'm running my mouth...but I like to believe I can make a statement based on facts. You should try this instead of running your mouth and making stupid comments on here.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
For what it's worth a friend of mine told me there was an article in the news paper (not sure what paper, I'll have to ask him) about a week ago that said hare season was going to resume next season.

As far as the other comments, this is going to be a good topic already.

·
Registered
109 Posts
baldy said:
Mease535 said:
baldy said:

Buddy,Buddy,Buddy....I know you're the hare commander or some nonsense like that but please use your head here some instead of a hat rack...OK!!! The PGC closes down a season claiming the population is low and they need to do studies to help support this...Ok. I hope I'm not going to fast here for you Buddy. Then they're going to open it without doing any studies to prove their decision....does this sound alright to you. See Buddy.... you might think I'm running my mouth...but I like to believe I can make a statement based on facts. You should try this instead of running your mouth and making stupid comments on here.
I don't disagree with anything your saying. It's just not classy to call people names on the Internet. I changed my name on here because Hare commander was to specific I'm just an overall elite hunter.

·
Registered
804 Posts
An elite hunter does not need dogs to help him hunt
...I don't consider myself elite at all ...just get out in the woods w/beagles and have a little fun w/friends ....I don't change my screen name either ...and Only had one warning on here
.. some people might need some stress relief ..

·
Banned
313 Posts
If they open the season up for certain next year I won't be a least bit surprised. It's not like it is the first thing the GC has ever done that made no sense. From what I have heard from a few half decent sources there will be a season for the eastern guys again next year. I sure hope they open it back up so beagler can get back to shooting some white bunnies. He is probably shaking from withdrawal still lol

With a snowshoe hare post you would think you would see Snowshoe "another name of the past" posting regularly.

·
Registered
594 Posts
GTR_Beagles said:
If they open the season up for certain next year I won't be a least bit surprised. It's not like it is the first thing the GC has ever done that made no sense. From what I have heard from a few half decent sources there will be a season for the eastern guys again next year. I sure hope they open it back up so beagler can get back to shooting some white bunnies. He is probably shaking from withdrawal still lol

With a snowshoe hare post you would think you would see Snowshoe "another name of the past" posting regularly.
You do and he is

·
Banned
300 Posts
Mease535 said:
baldy said:
Mease535 said:
baldy said:

I don't disagree with anything your saying. It's just not classy to call people names on the Internet. I changed my name on here because Hare commander was to specific I'm just an overall elite hunter.
Really!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
it's not 1st time PGC closed a specific season, for year or 2 then Re-open season again... they do that keep hunting pressure off limits for short year or 2.... they have a reason for everything....they really don't have tell why they Closed season.... they just expect you follow laws like your supposed too when it off limits , "then it is what it is"

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Mease535 said:
baldy said:
Mease535 said:
baldy said:

I like that buddy. Might use it. Then again, Snowshoe Sniper is a pretty ridiculously awesome self given name!!

·
Banned
437 Posts
I heard they are opening the east next year and closeing the west.going to alternate like that while collecting data from a study they are doing with some university.
I hope they close it forever.theres no way io am gonna drive back over to big bed swamp in that area of state game lands 312 and tobyhanna state park and fight them laurels again no matter how many hare we have ran out there.also i am tired of that luzerne /lackawanna area also and that monroe/wayne county line spot also.....opps did i give any hints for some to go find a spot to shootem up?haha
kill them all and close it down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I heard from a guy the reason they closed the east last year was to bring some hare from maine down to breed into east to give those hare a little grit he said they said it would only take one breeding cycle and they were going to do the same in the west this year hope it works

1 - 20 of 25 Posts