The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That about says what it was. COLD and ROUGH. I could barely feel my figures at times. Fishing with one hand under an arm pit then switching hands. When I arrived at the boat. I immediately knew I was under gunned. Felt like a brought a 410 to a goose hunt..LOL Or one of those kids push button fishing rods. Fishing in 200' plus wasn't to bad. But the 380' was a long haul for sure. I proved myself that I could hold my own with my wimpy little rod. The average catch was 12 to 16 fish. I CRANKED in 14. One guy keep asking me how that 410 was working out.LOL. Some of the repeat customers said we should have filled the 120 quart coolers. But the wind would not let us stay on the wrecks. The drifting was a little faster then the captain wanted also. I got a few comments on the sinkers. I'm sure you will now start to see more of them on boats. Bottom line, I'll be back with heavier gear or a bigger gun..And warmer weather.. Also picture of sinker I made. Large are 32oz small 24oz.

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
great catch, but I have a question. You said "tile fishing" which I assumed meant for tilefish. Aren't those seabass?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct. Only one Tile. It's 3rd from the right on the cooler. Other people caught more tiles then I did. The trip was for Sea Bass first then fish for tile. The drift was way to fast for the tile.

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
Man I could sure go for a few seas bass fillets. I think they're one of the best eating saltwater fish out there.
Do they ever get any triggerfish there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts