The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some young friends that live in the Corry Pa. Area that are being harassed by some other locals for posting pics of deer from trail cams on Facebook . These twenty year olds have done nothing to these harassers. One young guy came home from school and his mom asked him to go to the mail box and see what someone had left for him. Oh yea, take a Walmart bag with you. Well he opened the box and Was amazed to see a bucks scrotum sack in the box. How do you stop this kind of harassment? These harassers need to be caught and taught. How?

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Call the state police. There are computer tags left with each posting that can be traced. Seems like they need to put the trail cam pointed to the mail box and then post a picture of the "Esel"

Although you didn't say what about the facebook postings is harassment.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I beleive that could be Federal. If the mailman had found that "package" there would be trouble in River City. Maybe call the local Post Office and ask to speak with a Postal Inspector?

·
Registered
822 Posts
They don't want Their Hunting Area's exposed , Why not respect that Worry and stop posting picures on Facebook that May bring Other Hunter's from near and Far to Your Area because You are showing Them big Bucks from Your Trail Camera's . To Most Hunter's Deer Hunting is SERIOUS BUSINESS , think on THAT.
PS I don't live anywhere near You so I DON'T have any vested interest only an educated opinion
Facebook is a dangerous Media in more ways than one , be aware

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Pepsi's Dad said:
They don't want Their Hunting Area's exposed , Why not respect that Worry and stop posting picures on Facebook that May bring Other Hunter's from near and Far to Your Area because You are showing Them big Bucks from Your Trail Camera's . To Most Hunter's Deer Hunting is SERIOUS BUSINESS , think on THAT.
PS I don't live anywhere near You so I DON'T have any vested interest only an educated opinion
Facebook is a dangerous Media in more ways that one , be aware
That statement says it all!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Good luck trying to get anything from facebook, if someone threatened or harrassed you on facebook then thats a different story. If its out there for the public to see or in a private message, do screen shots and print them out then contact the State Police, I had my fb account hacked in August and had a good idea who it was, still havent heard a thing from them. They can trace the ip address of the users Internet service provideer and trace it down to who it was leased too. They wont do that though, facebook is bad news in my book. Most people on facebook are starving for attention and want to brag about how great their mac and cheese tasted that day or what color their crap was that morning. People go after one another on FB these days thats how its done.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I would stay away from FB for first thing. Then i would think that would be a criminal act of placing something in a mail box. Years ago i knew a guy who took a nice buck and had his pic in paper outdoors section. He later said that would be the last time he almost had to have his phone number changed from the harrasement phone calls. It was the era before called in and etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
People use more than FB to do this crap. I have very good reason to believe my posts on another internet forum were used to aid trespassing on the property I hunt. At the very least, people know what deer were shot when they were submitted in the buck contest here, or submitted to PA Outdoor News, and the size of the deer in question was directly proportional to the problems experienced after the photo was shared.

This is truly one of the worst attributes of electronic communication, which is otherwise a fun and educational way to talk to folks, share stories, and get ideas on hunting, shooting, fishing, etc.

Unfortunately, I have reached a point where this is the last year I will put anywhere online a picture of a deer I took. Others where I hunt will be doing the same thing....and it stinks, to be quite honest. It's a shame some folks who can't understand what the laws are regarding trespass, theft of property, etc mean, and that they apply to all of us!

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Pepsi's Dad said:
Facebook is a dangerous Media in more ways that one , be aware
my thoughts exactly, why advertise for everyone and their uncles to come and bombard the woods, people that hunt with me are not allowed to even say they seen a doe that day. If anyone asked if we seen anything, the answer is always NOPE !

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
While it is a criminal act to misdirect someone's mail, or put such items in a mail box as a prank, trying to get the post office or police to do anything is a completely uphill task.

Spouses going through divorces divert the other's mail all the time and nobody does crap about it. My ex put in a change of address to send my mail to her house. A complaint to the Post office got a resounding "So?"

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
jimsdad said:
I beleive that could be Federal. If the mailman had found that "package" there would be trouble in River City. Maybe call the local Post Office and ask to speak with a Postal Inspector?
They will direct you to local authorities. A report would be filed with the inspectors office. They won't investigate it themselves.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a little more info. A police report was filed with the sp and the post office was notified.The pics that were posted were of deer that were not on the harassers property. You can't stop deer from moving from one property to another. Where the cams were at the boys had permission to place them. This not about Facebook postings. It's about harassment.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you take hunting that serious then you have issues to harrass another person over a trail cam photo...You should not be hunting...And if they are caught they wont be purchasing a firearm again legaly as it is a federal offense...these ppl are not very smart, my suggestion is drop the hammer on them man, then you will have the spot and thoes deer all to yourself..
Oh and make sure you hang that big ol buck in your front yard after they pay all the fines

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
ok now if you are being harrassed for hunting by anti hunters how did they get a deer scrotum to put there....it ??.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts