The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most anticipated day of the year tommorow. My favorite by a long shot. Blinds are set and the crew is heading up tonight. 6 guys will be here with me the entire season. The big 8 is still around along with a few other legal bucks that I know of that I got on cam since rifle ended. Plenty of dmaps to fill as well. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Yup, wait for this all year. Best season by far. Did some scouting this past weekend. Found a lot of deer sign in both 2F and 1B. I think we are going to have a great two weeks. I saved one doe tag and still have my buck tag. Let us know how your crew does G.H. Hunter. Good luck, good hunting!

Reactions: blackpowder

·
Registered
422 Posts
i,m ready for the morning, I,ll take a slow walk just at first light to a large tree and wait there as its a very good crossing and if it fails to produce a nice fat doe I,ll go the a ground blind and try to out wait one. my rifle the last two years is a RMC (killed a fat doe year before last) 1x28 twist and it loves the federal B.O.R. lock 270 gr bullets with 80 grs fff black.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just got the TC Hawken 45 cal ready to go for tomorrow. Can hunt from dark till noon then family obligations till Saturday. I love deer hunting with any weapon and extend the season long as possible with muzzleloader. Last year filled my last doe tag with flinter at 530 on last day. Just perfect.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hoping for one at 15 yards.

BP said he was hoping to take one at 150 yards. Then you posted that LIVTOHUNT. Made me laugh out loud because I was thinking 150 YARDS. Holy smokes! I can't see the ears let alone the antlers at 150 yards. Guess a mans got to know his limitations. :smile_big:

·
Registered
342 Posts
still trying for my first with flintlock. I figure the closer the better. I have missed at 20 yards before. Have a brand new lyman that i have way more confidence in, we shall see how it goes. lol

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
I’ll be sitting out the Flintlock season...no tags and no ability to hit anything with a flintlock if I was to hunt. I’ll stick to beaver trapping tomorrow. Good luck to you fellas hunting.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I think the late season is the best time to be out hunting. I have some DMAPs for up at camp where i am heading Thursday and still have a doe tag for 4B and heading out tomorrow at first light. Find the food and wait but i find the evening to be a little better. I have yet to get one with the flintlock. I have missed a few over the years and taken 5 with the bow in the late season. Hoping to get my first this year with the smoke pole. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I’m a no go til likely after the first of the year. Got a big project for work due by the first so that gets priority. After that though I should have some time off. Might be lucky and get out for a little Saturday though, depending how the next couple days go.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Off to bed now. My brother is in from WV and will be partaking in his first ever Flintlock hunt tomorrow! Im placing him in my personal best late season stand here and it has been showing alot of activity including a wide 8 on the cams between daybreak and 730 so hope he gets a chance at one! Due to my property layout and smaller size and not wanting to ruin his chances, i may sit it out totally or take the crossbow for stealth and just go sit behind my outbuilding thats about 40 yds from the house and watch the lower fencerow. If he doesnt connect in the AM I will put him back in same stand for afternoon and i will sit in another with the flinter as i shoul be able to get in quiet in the daylight. Best of luck amdsafe hunting to all!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good luck to all of you that are making it out today. I wont be able to make it out until Saturday but I will be impatiently checking back for updates on everyone else's hunts. Shoot straight and keep your powder dry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts