The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a start, I hope the stone age abortion stance is next. Eliminate these and it erodes some of their base of supporters who only vote on one or both of these issues.

Just two days after President Barack Obama sailed to re-election over Mitt Romney, boosted by more than 70 percent of the Latino vote, some Republicans are striking a new tone on illegal immigration.

Conservative Fox News and radio host Sean Hannity said Thursday that his views on immigration have "evolved." Hannity continued:

We've gotta get rid of the immigration issue altogether. It's simple for me to fix it. I think you control the border first, you create a pathway for those people that are here, you don't say you gotta go home. And that is a position that I've evolved on. Because you know what—it just—it's gotta be resolved. The majority of people here—if some people have criminal records you can send 'em home—but if people are here, law-abiding, participating, four years, their kids are born here ... first secure the border, pathway to citizenship ... then it's done. But you can't let the problem continue. It's gotta stop.

Meanwhile, in an interview with ABC News' Diane Sawyer, House Speaker John Boehner said he is "confident" the two parties can agree to a deal on immigration.

"This issue has been around far too long," Boehner said. "A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I'm confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all."

Just two years ago, Boehner said it was worth considering amending the U.S. Constitution to end birthright citizenship, because he said it might discourage people from illegally crossing the border.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who supports immigration reform, said on CBS on Friday that Republicans had sent "mixed messages" about immigration. "On the immigration issue, which turned out to be very important, and some issues about women, too, some mixed messages were sent," she said.

The party has been searching for answers about why Mitt Romney lost what seemed like a very winnable election. Many within the party have pointed to the GOP's demographics problem: Romney lost every group except for white voters, which is a shrinking portion of the electorate. Latinos this year made up 10 percent of all voters, according to the national exit poll, a share that will only grow each election. Like other groups, Latino voters care most about jobs and the economy, but 35 percent of them listed immigration reform as their top issue in a poll conducted by Latino Decisions.

Latino voter and advocacy groups have said they expect both Obama and congressional Republicans to work together to pass immigration reform in 2013.

Eliseo Medina, secretary-treasurer of the Service Employees International Union, told reporters that Latino voters had sent a message to Obama. "We expect leadership on comprehensive immigration reform in 2013," he said. "To both sides we say: 'No more excuses.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sean-...--election.html

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Imagine the tax revenues if these people became citizens and actually paid taxes for once...
Imagine the revenue if the people who hired and exploit them put them on the books.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Hannity is singing a different tune to save his own skin because his style is on it's way out.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
And MANY illegals work under the table for cash and pay no taxes whatsoever.

BTW sig, Hannity and Rush and Beck's ratings "sing a different tune' for you to say that they are on the way out. That is, unless you believe that Obama and crew are looking to bring back the "fairness doctrine".

This reaction to the election results are hilarious. Everyone is now convinced that the GOP must put Hispanics and blacks on the ticket in order to "buy" votes from those demographics. Uh, too late guys. The liberals have catered and pandered to them for too long, convincing them that they are here to "help" and that the republican party "hates" them and are racists. The left started their crusade by getting as many whites as they could addicted to the free government candy and now they are working hard on the minorities.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
SigPro2340 said:
TraskOutdoors said:
Imagine the tax revenues if these people became citizens and actually paid taxes for once...
Imagine the revenue if the people who hired and exploit them put them on the books.
Let me guess, those people would be those evil, rich, republican business owners right?

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
I think you Republican fella's need to look up the definition for denial. Obama didn't win, the Republican's handed this election to him. Blaming it on illegals, minorities, and lazy white people isn't the reason Romney lost.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
David Siegel was one of those bosses who told their employees to vote for Mitt Romney in the presidential election. Siegel, 77, is the owner of a private time-share company, Westgate Resorts, in Orlando and says he employs some 7,000 people. “I wanted to let my employees know what will come if they make the wrong choice. They need to worry if Obama gets reelected,” he told me in an Oct. 10 interview. He also said he might have to lay off some of them, maybe he might even retire. So now what?
Maybe Hannity and this guy had a long discussion?
Either that or he has to keep working to make up the money he threw away to Karl Rove.

David Siegel Hasn't Fired Anyone Yet

·
Administrator
28,242 Posts
SigPro2340 said:
Hannity is singing a different tune to save his own skin because his style is on it's way out.
Kind of like the way the kenyan "evolved" on gay marraige?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am not in favor of rewarding illegals by ignoring the fact that the violated the law and are here illegally. What benefit is there to being a natural born citizen if any miscreant can sneak into this country with impunity and take advantage of what the country offers?

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Then who was it that voted for him??? Look at the numbers!

And DON'T bring up the women...
I think the only number you have to look at is the popular vote tally. If I am not mistaken Obama's numbers were down from 2008 and Romney barely matched McCain's performance.

All through this campaign I kept asking..."If Obama is 1/2 as bad as Republican's say why is Romney only tied in the polls?".

Me thinks the Republican Party should be pointing within their own ranks about now.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
John S said:
I am not in favor of rewarding illegals by ignoring the fact that the violated the law and are here illegally. What benefit is there to being a natural born citizen if any miscreant can sneak into this country with impunity and take advantage of what the country offers?
I'm with John on this one. Plus I know the democrats love that this creates votes but we can't afford all the people that we have on the government dole now.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
SigPro2340 said:
All through this campaign I kept asking..."If Obama is 1/2 as bad as Republican's say why is Romney only tied in the polls?".

Oddly enough, we are almost in agreement here.

Problem that I see is that Repub voters are dying off faster than Dem voters. And with Obamacare, that will accelerate.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
bearhollow said:
SigPro2340 said:

Oddly enough, we are almost in agreement here.

Problem that I see is that Repub voters are dying off faster than Dem voters. And with Obamacare, that will accelerate.
That was the reason for my comment in another thread....."There just isn't as many grumpy old white guys anymore". And the Republican Party hasn't come to terms with going out and recruiting because the demographic is changing.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
The liberal democrats better watch what they are doing, because just as minorities have no use for republicans, in 20-30yrs they will have no use (and no need) for white liberal democrats.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts