The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next question....I have hunted two small pieces of private land with some success the last few years. Due to the property being so small, I want to go back to some public land hunting. How do you/or do you hang your crossbow on public land? On private land, with permission, i've used hangers that go into the tree. That isn't legal on public land. Thoughts?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have no intention of hanging my cross bow but it seems to me it shouldn't be hard so make a rig from a ratchet strap by placing a hook, with a curve bent in the same direction on both ends, probably made from flat under the strap. The top curve would go under the ratchet strap and hold it to the tree, if you can picture that and the bottom would hold the crossbow. The curve would face away from the tree. That would be perfectly legal on public land or private land.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
They make crossbow holders that you can install on your stand, they work well, and also serves as a rest to shoot from...

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Mine lays nicely across the upper part of my Summit Viper climber. I don’t think I’d want to hang mine.....to much movement if deer are spotted close to the stand.

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
I use ladder stands most of the time some have shooting rails so I lay my crossbow across it. The ones without I lay across my lap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry, just saw your reply. I have used this for several years now. Bought it to remain legal on public land. Although he plastic hooks seem brittle, they are not and have held up very well.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Ramdawg I was thinking about this also.. to avoid screwing in a hook which I'm not allowed.. My parker xbow is pretty heavy,,, do you have any concerns of those plastic hooks supporting a crossbow in a hanging position..

Thanks
These things are surprisingly strong...I've routinely had my pack (10 lbs) and crossbow (7 pounds) on them at the same time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts