The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a hang on to leave out as long as I needed to.I have two lone wolfs that I do not want to leave out.I got a steel cheaper one last year at (Dicks) that is too big and heavy( but has adjustable seat angle) with the steel climbing sticks attatched to haul even with it attatched to an A.L.I.C.E pack frame.I made due though this fall and lugged it in..I want one with adjustable angle.Dicks sells a small version but no angle adjustment and it seems to tilt too severely when set up.Any suggestions?Saleman at Dicks last year told me guys were buying the big and small one and swapping the seat assy so small ones will tilt.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
On the cheap Dicks stands you can drill out new holes on the seat post to level the platform. Same concept as how a LW levels but it will be more semi-permanent.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the cheap Dicks stands you can drill out new holes on the seat post to level the platform. Same concept as how a LW levels but it will be more semi-permanent.
Thanks.Will consider that.I guess I would have to go to higher end stands to get adjustment on the smaller stands?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't know if this helps but the Millennium M150 is relatively light at 19.5# for a large stand, and aluminum. It's easy to hang with the receiver strap that goes around the tree, adjustable angle and seat, and good size platform. Plus it's incredibly comfortable. They have a smaller/lighter M100, but no adjustability. I have both and like them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think he wants a cheap stand to leave out.
I setup a bunch $40-$50 climbing sticks in advance and use my lone wolf, or millenium m60 with pre hung bracket.
Do wanna leave the stand and pack in sticks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts