The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you purchase barrels anywhere fit these recievers? Not really interested in sending back to the factory. Would be nice to buy barrels like the Contenders. Read past posts and seems to be mixed opinions.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
From what I've read Handi rifles need to be sent back to the factory and fitted with the new bbl.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You can buy used barrels but there is no guarantee they will fit. H&R's are rather crude and have much looser tolerances than guns like the TC's. TC's are CNC machined the H&R's are not and since the tolerances are higher the factory wants you to send your action in so they can go through the pile of barrels until they find one that fits properly. They are pretty easy to fit yourself if you know what you are doing, but if you are not sure it could be dangerous. Many of them will fit but occasionally you get one that will not. I have 6 actions and at one point almost 40 barrels (now under 20), 4 of the actions are close enough I can interchange all the barrels, the other 2 are pretty much barrel specific becasue they are too far out from my other 4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts