The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I know the answer. Just double checking. If I don't have a sportsman firearm permit. Can I still Open carry a revolver?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you can't transport a gun in the trunk and the ammo in the glove compartment. Isn't that legal?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
LJ Drake said:
So you can't transport a gun in the trunk and the ammo in the glove compartment. Isn't that legal?
See Title 18 Section 6106 below for wording that allows transporting a handgun to your cabin and back:

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) Offense defined.--
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(8) Any person while carrying a firearm which is not loaded and is in a secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his home or place of business, or to a place of repair, sale or appraisal or back to his home or place of business, or in moving from one place of abode or business to another or from his home to a vacation or recreational home or dwelling or back, or ...

·
Registered
957 Posts
am i correct that you are saying you do not have any permit at all, or you have a ccw permit and not a sportsman permit ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts