The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about if its possible for me ( a 19 year old) to carry a 22 pistol on my trapline? the rifle is such a hassle and my dad has a 22 pistol he will let me use as long as its not illegal but im not sure on the legality of the whole thing. If anyone knows or could help i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Pretty sure it would be legal as long as you have a sportsman permit. They're like $6 and last for 5 years I think. I got mine at the county treasurer I believe. Double check though because I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I thought you had to be 21

·
Registered
706 Posts
rancher00 said:
Pretty sure it would be legal as long as you have a sportsman permit. They're like $6 and last for 5 years I think. I got mine at the county treasurer I believe. Double check though because I could be wrong.
This post is correct.

All you need is a sportsman's permit.

If you are under the age of 21, you are lawfully (legally) allowed to have a handgun in your possession if a) you are using it for recreational/target shooting purposes, such as taking it to the range, and b) if you are using it to hunt with and have a valid sportsman's permit.

I'm pretty sure that's the way the law reads, someone correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts