The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Kahr MK .40 w/ Olessi inside the pants leather formed holster.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
S&W 36 38 special snubbie with hydro shocks, inside waist band holster

·
Super Moderator
4,618 Posts
Glock model 21 in 45 ACP.Slow round but a bunch of lead.If your really into handguns or any gun for that matter,check out the taylor energy calculator.Retained energy is some serious stuff. http://handloads.com/calc/quick.asp
Oh I just tuck it in my waist band.I will be curious as to which weapon you choose.9's have very cheap ammo and high cap mags,something to consider.They have a speed higher than a 380.Same bullet.All guns will defend you,used properly.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I like the 9mm, although I never shot anyone with one I shot some dogs and stuff like that in Iraq with the 9mm ball ammo which is about useless, with a good hollow point it is a good round, at least better than a 380 or 25acp. I also agree that anything will work when used properly.

on the civilian side, I have seen about every caliber of GSW you can think of and its all shot placement.

for the nay-sayers when they get on the 9mm round i ask if I can shoot them in the leg with mine. since its so puny it wont hurt, I have yet to have a taker on the offer.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
just talking of personal experience. it was useless on dogs with ball ammo, I have seen many humans shot with 9mm both ball and h.p. all I can say is Im glad it isnt me.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
SIG P239 in .40, carried via a Galco OWB holster. Unless I'm wearing something form fitting the OWB holster works fine. I keep it loaded with hydrashocks and always carry my little surefire light with it as well.

I'm considering switching over to an M&P 40 for every day carry, as its the pistol I've put the most rounds through and have the most experience with. Its slightly larger than the 239, but I'm sure I could find a holster to make it fairly well concealed.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
S&W 442. Just picked one up at a gun show yesterday. My other choice would be my Ruger SP 101.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
glock 27 with pearce grip and a small OWB leather holster. cant remember who makes it and dont feel like taking my belt off lol..

im in shorts and t shirt all the time and noone knows its there..not even friends that im with all the time..

now that i got a smaller/lighter carry gun, i pretty much never NOT have it on me...

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
357 magnum

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Glock 33 357 Sig, or Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum. Carry them IWB in a Sparks Summer Special holster.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Springfield armory GI .45, blackhawk serpa OWB holster under my coat or shirt when out and about, or in my HSS vest when I'm hunting.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Always liked snubby revolvers BUT I just bought a S&W Bodyguard .380 and am liking it!!!
Dave

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Something of the 1911 design, in 45 Auto. A 9mm will give you more shots, but in a self defense situation, you are not likely to need 17 shots. The 45 is not a light weapon to carry, but to quote Col Jeff Cooper, "A gun should be comforting more than comfortable."

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Springfield XD Sub-Compact in .40 S&W. Plenty enough rounds for a prolonged engaement (which you hopefully woulnd't be in in the first place) and plenty of power in a small, controlable package. 1911 style ergonomics and every bit as reliable as a "block". As for the Serpa holster...I see alot of negative reviews. For a smaller auto, there is no reason not to have a nice high-ride tight fitting (to your belt) Fitted polymer paddle holster. a quick brush up of the shirt and down with the web of your on hand and it's right there for a quick, easy draw should you need it.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Wesson Commander bobtail 1911 in a custom leather IWB tuckable holster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts