The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Likely has been asked before but what's a good make of hand crank radio. I mean a good one, built for the field. Seems to be a lot of junk out there. Midland and Grundig have been mentioned on another forum but I'm looking for something a bit better I think. Any thoughts or experience?

Muab Dib

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have a Grundig FR-200. It is battery, 120V ac, and hand crank. FM, AM, Shortwave bands 1 and 2. I've had about 8 years. Good when the power goes off. Its Analog tuning so it suffers from splash in the FM band (we have a radio tower nearby that walks all over one station that I like). Made in China nowdays. No place for a external antenna.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm still look'n. I'd like something crank and solar and battery, plus built like a tank. Hard to find.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've also got to give the grundig fr-200 a thumbs up. I've had mine for about 10 years and never an issue. Gets alot of use during our frequent power outages in NEPA. mainly am news type stations. Tends to drift a little bit but overall, i'd buy the same one again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts