The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture you can post of the view from the Hammersley Vista off McConnell Road, looking south into the the Hammersley Wild Area? I've always wanted to see that view and won't be able to make it up to that area for quite a while.
Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Actually there's 2 Hammersley Wild Area vistas. I'll take pictures of both. I have great pictures of Hyner Vista if your interested.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have a ton of the Kettle vista, I've been to the Hammersley vista but none on this computer. Amazing place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in South Carolina now but when I catch myself day dreaming about all the great trips to the big woods; all the past bear buck or trout trips, I always find myself walking up the Hammersley with my buddies. I miss it so.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outsider.....if you want to post some pictures of Hyner vista, that would be super as well. You can never have too many pictures of the view of the PA mountains IMO.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Here's a good Kettle Creek vista story:

Last fall I was there with my wife, and we took some pictures. I told her to back up close to the edge, but not too close to the brush. Wouldn't you know it, she got too close to the brush and BZZZZZZZZ. Scared the crap out of me, but I calmly told her to walk forward toward me. The sound of a rattlesnake is distinctive, one you will never forget.

So how do I post pictures on this site?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Little Bear said:
Does anyone have a picture you can post of the view from the Hammersley Vista off McConnell Road, looking south into the the Hammersley Wild Area? I've always wanted to see that view and won't be able to make it up to that area for quite a while.
Thanks
Google Earth is great for stuff like that. If your just looking for the layout of the land. Some areas in PA are more detailed than others on Google Earth. I use it to find good open fields (wood chuck hunting) that can't be seen from the road on state game lands I'm not familiar with. True, I could get my butt out of the truck and walk the game lands to find the fields, but time off to hunt is a rare opportunity. Try it!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Here you go buddy...the vista at day break. Woke Saturday morning to a little snow on the ground.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a great sight! Your wonderful Boxcall! Thanks for taking the time to do that for me.......I think I'll find myself looking at that picture again and again.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
John, hear some distant thundering gobbles from there ? Nice area....Finn

·
Registered
693 Posts
Little Bear said:
Thanks
Little Bear -- Sunrise over the Hammersley last Friday morning...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts