The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really been biten by the hammergun bug lately. Here's what I've brought home so far.

Belgian Bayard 16 ga.

Husqvarna Model 20 16 ga.

Husqvarna Model 17 16 ga.

Anybody else as odd as I am out there that enjoys these old guns???

Rick

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
They are enjoying somewhat of a resurgence lately in some circles. Purdey has even started making them again as part of their custom line. There are some good buys out there on British hammer guns. Whern I went to GA to hunt quail, one of the party I went with took his British 16 hammer gun w/ 2 inch shells. Got a couple of doubles with it.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Nice. Someday I'd love to own an LC smith field grade. I don't know what yours are worth, I'm no shotgun guru, but they sure are pretty. I'd love to know the history of them. If old shotguns could only talk. The reason I want a LC Smith is my Grandpap used to own one and when he passed one of my uncles on my moms side claimed all the guns and he doesn't even hunt. My dads side of the family were/are the hunters. Enjoy them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trout
They have cost less than $500 each. That's what makes them a hard gun to pass up. Yes they have super tight chokes, which I've had opened up and short chambers but I'm setup to reload 2 1/2 inch shells in both fold crimp and roll crimp. And yes if they could talk what stories they could tell.

·
Registered
36,210 Posts
Although I don't use it anymore, I still have an old 12 guage W. Moore hammer shotgun my Dad gave me back in the 60's when I was 12 years old. That gun was almost as long as I was tall. One of the hammers didn't cock, so you had to hold it back with your thumb when ready to fire. I murdered alot of groundhogs with it. It now hangs above my fireplace at my cabin. On a sidenote, that is an old hay rake in your third picture, same as we used on the farm. They were horse drawn, but Dad rigged up a hitch for it to be pulled by the tractor. Nice shotguns you got there!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice ROMAC. I don't have a damascus barreled gun........yet
. Have any pics of the whole gun???

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have 2 hammerguns that mostly hange on the wall, but I have used them in the past. One is a Richards and the other I don't know the maker but it has "The Interchangable" on the side. They are neet old guns to play with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts