The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how many have been and what did you think.
everytime i go to my local establishment and we talk camp it turns to the halton hilton i was wondering how many here have been there and what do you like and dislike about it . thanks.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Been there many times
Although its been a few years, I can't talk my wife into eating there..

Gotta love an old place like that in the middle of nowhere. Can't beat the massive burgers and tons of fries they serve!!

Anyone ever notice the ducks painted on the ceiling??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been there a couple of times. Probly about 4 years ago. Got there around 11 just my crew and the bartender. I think he was pretty well drunk, There were 4 of us, one round it cost 14 for beer, than the next was $1 for four beers. We never paid the same amout twice.

The porch was about falling off, and the bathroom had a hole in it that led to the out side.

BONZY, I beleve I recall the ducks.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It been a few years since we were there. We rented canoes at Love's canoe rental in Ridgeway and and paddles to the Hilton. Not very clean but the food was good. We drank from bottles once we saw the glasse. Yeh I know what you are thinking!! We didn't drink for the glass but we ate burgers & fries. What can I tell you, liquids were flowing inside and outside the canoe!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My wife's from ST.Mary's and she talks about going there and the big hole in the bathroom wall and the glasses that were too dirty to drink out of.She also says they were shut down numerous times for serving speed beef.I kinda thought she was exagerrating a little but I guess not.

·
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
elk county about 10-12 miles from ridgway

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Belly busters and fries drenched in vinegar, been going there since I was old enough to drive and we been getting served there just as long hahaha

·
Registered
871 Posts
I remember going in as a kid in trout season one year with my dad and his friends. I thought "man, I can't wait til I can come here and drink". So when the time came that I could go there and drink, I thoughht "man, I can't wait til I get the heck outta here!". And like you QB, never paid the same amount twice for the same round. I though the BlueJay Inn was bad!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
been a long long time for my last visit there. i remember the toilet frozen hard as a rock . we just went outside to P

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
comblockshooter said:
been a long long time for my last visit there. i remember the toilet frozen hard as a rock . we just went outside to P
Haha, that happened last winter! I'll bet it's pretty solid right now!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I stop there at least once a year last year it smelled like gas very bad so we had a beer and left. I never had any food there and I don't think I ever will. I put my name on the bathroom wall last year. I took some pictures on my cell phone opening day of trout last year, they didn't turn out to good but here they are.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I'm all for places that have a history, like the Old Tannery Inn, etc, but if they can't manage to wash the dishes at the Hilton, why don't they just shut them down. Doesn't sound like any place I ever want to visit.

Hole in the bathroom wall: Character.
Dirty dishes and glasses: Just plain laziness.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I've been there numerous times. My buddy has a camp just down river in Belltown. Last time I was there, I thought I was going to have to fight this rather large "butch" woman for my wife's honor. We're talking mudflat femullet, chain wallet and flannel shirt. She was there with a group of like minded gals and kind of took a shine to my wife. I know I could have taken her but I probably would have had to hit her with a chair to get it accomplished. She was a big un. And yes, the burgers are made from venison.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ha can't believe i'm reading this thread! My buddy told me how it was so run down and i told him i've been to worst. Fig'd he was just exaggerating then we pulled up. I wouldn't even of believed it was a bar if it wasn't for the one neon sign. That place def takes the cake. With all this being said its my kind of place lol what an experience....

ya that bathroom is a disaster. Wrote on the wall was "Chuck Norris was here" LMAO!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts