The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my halo shield was shorter but I made it longer because it was still lighting up the very tip of my barrel is this to long? I dont know how to make it any other way to make it shorter but not have the beam overcast go on the barrel I made it out of rubberhose and plastic binders.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Banned
4,532 Posts
From what I've learned from the long time pred hunters here, and my own experience, that's way too long. I don't think they're going to see that barrel tip with the light in their face. Were you getting glare in your scope at all?

John

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
john1951 said:
From what I've learned from the long time pred hunters here, and my own experience, that's way too long. I don't think they're going to see that barrel tip with the light in their face. Were you getting glare in your scope at all? Took off the extension and its about 3-4 inches behind the barrel how long should it be?

John
No I didnt have glare in my scope but some one said make sure it dosnt light up your gun and the tip of my gun was lighting up so I put another 6-7 inches on it lol.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think unless your sporting a chromed barrel or somthing thats too much. If your barrel is matte black then its not goin Gg to matter at all. If your stll worried about the light hittin gg the barrel buy a taller scope mount. get the tall thick plastic one that comes with a kill light, if you look at the pic of my rifle you will see my kill light sits much higher above the scope it doesnt light it up at all with no sheild, what kind of light is it?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swpa87 said:
I think unless your sporting a chromed barrel or somthing thats too much. If your barrel is matte black then its not goin Gg to matter at all. If your stll worried about the light hittin gg the barrel buy a taller scope mount. get the tall thick plastic one that comes with a kill light, if you look at the pic of my rifle you will see my kill light sits much higher above the scope it doesnt light it up at all with no sheild, what kind of light is it?
It's a cree ultrafire it's 1000 lumnes it shine past 200 meters a good light for the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts