The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEN did the PGC change things around for Haldemens Island??

My 1 buddy called me today and asked me about it..

He gets the magazine
"Pennsylvania Fish and Game"

He told me that they have an article in it that tells guys that Haldemens Island is accessible by way of a Bridge that spans the small cut of the river from the Shore near the Ranch House Resturant over onto the island for Muzzleloader and goose hunting on the lower end of the island!

WHEN did this get changed?

The part of the island WHERE the Bridge goes over onto is the Propagation area, once you get on the island side of the bridge, you are IN the Propagation, Which you can not be in!

Only way to get on the island is to use the boat ramp BELOW the bridge and use a boat to go across and then watch the Yellow signs, when they end and the signs that state hunting is legal begins, you go in there, tie the boat up and stay BELOW the Yellow signs and your good to go to hunt the lower end of the island!

When was it changed that you can walk across the bridge INTO the Propagation area??

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is open during the muzzleloader hunt, closed the rest of the time.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John S said:
It is open during the muzzleloader hunt, closed the rest of the time.
John,

The BRIDGE??

Your saying during Muzzleloader, 1 can walk across the brindge into the propagation area??

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Check with the SC regional office as to what part is open, it has been a while since I was involved. There are parts of Halteman not in the Prop area.

·
Registered
519 Posts
When i was younger! A very good friend of mines dad worked at the sealtest plant! (island concrete) now i think. behind the plant the river is low and narrow. We used to cross there on a shelvent! hunt geese rabbits deer whatever south of the wire, around a big white farm house. just was told one time stay out of the cemetary highest part of island. no one ever stopped us, dont know how it is now. Thats where we started goose hunting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts