The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Go to Outfitterreviews.com 90% of the reviews are bad, and there are alot of em.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I was working a booth at the show with an outfitter from Iowa and I can't tell you how many guys mentioned Hadley and not one had a good thing to say. It was mentioned by a pretty reliabel source that they ran 1000 guys through their camps last year. Talking with another guy who was a guide last year for another Illinois outfitter told us that outfitter with an impressive display bought 11 of his mounts off Ebay - claimed they had killed 51 bucks including 9 booners. This guide said they ran 450 hunters last year, only killed about 25 bucks and had not killed 9 booners in the 6 years he guided. He said much of Illinois is heading in this direction. Allot of liars and theives in that outfitter hall at the show.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Wasn't there a posting on this site last year of an article that said one of Hadley's guides got busted for doing something illegal on a hunt? They get great PR from the Drury Brothers. I'm sure it [censored] in a lot of business for them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Guys I know Ive said this before but why not just use Larry? He does it for a living, hes a sponsor here, it doesnt cost you anymore and if he messes you up and sends you on a bad hunt he will be out of business so its beneficial for him to work hard and cull thru the garbage and only send you on a quality hunt. I dont know... I hate to sound like his salesman but when I go again I'll use him unless its a local hunt like Md where he either doesnt have a guide or its cheap enough where I'll take a chance like the hog hunt I go on in Georgia. Just my 2 cents sorry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello,
I have been to Hadley Creek Outfitters hunting the prime rut for the last three years and I signed up to go again. I have also seen all the stories on here about how bad they are. I did not find a problem with the place. It had clean rooms, good food and often only two guys hunting a large farm. I observed lots of good deer but did not shoot any as 140 score is required and they have to be close with a bow. Yes there are booners walking around on some of the farms I did see a couple. That is just one mans opinion….

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have huntied at Hadley the last 2 years. Once the 2nd week of Octber and once the last week in October. I had a great time both years. I came home empty handed both years (nothing over 140 close enough) but my buddy harvested a 150 the fisrt year and a 140 the 2nd year. The accomadations were great as were the guides and the quality of deer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts