The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a good week this week. Seeing deer every time out. Almost got a shot at a pretty nice one on tuesday, and last night I got busted by two doe that were being followed by a shooter.

Then tonight. First off let me say that I have never had a problem with ARs with one exception. Tonight it happened. About 5:00 a button buck come out of the brush just above me. Passes me at less that 15 yards and feeds on out into the field. I am watching the yearling and then I hear more movement in the brush. I look up and there patially hidden, all I see is a big beam. He stand at the edge of the brush for a couple minutes surveying the woodlot and field, then proceeds to walk out the same trail as the the fawn did. He had no idea I had the bow up, starting to draw.

Now that exception I referred to. I have always said that any buck who's rack spread out past his ears should be legal. This "6" point was at least 20 inches. Had 6" brow tines and 8-10 inch g2s. And being that he was a 2B buck, he walked.

Sad thing is, come the Monday after Thanksgiving someone is prolly gonna whack him. Hopefully it will be some kid. That way the rack won't get hid in someones garage.

OH well

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
And i thought u were banned......opps now back to the topic. And your point is??? Lol Hey get up early and go kill something would ya....please. Oh and i didn't see anything tonight but i did hunt over near galando's house ....will tell ya that much lol.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Not to get into AR but... I've heard certain AR advocates say outside the ears. Well, I killed a good buck (11 pt./153 3/8 gross) which only had an inside spread of 14.5". Genetically, he'd probably never have a greater spread than that. Certainly not outside the ears...how could you let him walk?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts