The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my garage working on my boat on Monday, when I heard a thud in the bed of my pickup(backed up to the garage). I looked in, ant there was a nestling in there peeping away, I didn't want him to get burned(black bed liner on a hot day), so I gather him up. There is a nest in the eve of my garage attic, so I figured I'd get the ladder and put him back up. I look up to see how far it was, when another nestling came out, I was able to catch him, then mama came out squaking like crazy.

I grabbed a ladder, and peeled a little of the eve back, and it had to be at least 120 degrees in there. I called the regional office, they told me that in a last ditch effort, mama will push them out of the heat, and try to raise them on the ground. I asked them what to do, and they said leave them be, I could't do that, there in my driveway, and either my cat or son would get them. I asked if I could build a platform of sorts and mount it near the eve, they gave me the ok.

I built a square 2x4 frame, so they don't wander off of it, gave it a plywood floor, pulled the nest out and put it in the frame, and mounted it near the eve out of direct sunlight and rain. Mama returned, and has been feeding her babies, and to thank me for the rescue, she took a dump on my windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts