The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my buddies kid out, had 2 long beards at 10 yards, but she couldnt get a bead on them
Had other birds working everywhere, saw a total of 5 gobblers, and 4 hens. Had a guy sitting across the field at 300 yards, watched a big tom walk right behind him following a hen at 15 yards, the kid and I were laughing so hard I thought we were gonna spook the birds. Had another one come in but wouldnt cross the fence where she could shoot him. All in all one of the best days Ive had in a long time!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
No bird but another great memory. For the last two years I've taken my daughter out and called in two of the biggest long beards I have ever called in...and she misses both times at under 20 yards. I can tell she's getting excited because the end of the barrel is moving...nerves. Took her out to the same spot this morning and again call in another long beard but this one hangs up about 50 years out. But it makes me proud that she told me she didn't shoot because he was not in range but it's just as fun to have a bird that close not knowing he's being watched. We'll give it another try next weekend.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know it Tad, I havent been that excited in ages, the more excited she got the more excited I got. I had to tell myself to calm down and breathe. We must have switched positions inside that blind a dozen times as birds worked around us, just a great day in the morning!! Good luck when you get back out!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
it's the memories with the people we care about. That is what hunting is and always will be in my book. Sounds like a great day!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boy, hunting public land today was a mistake. Had three guys come through the birds I roosted last night and they scattered. Nevertheless, it's always nice to see the woods wake up from 4:15am on!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's the memories with the people we care about. That is what hunting is and always will be in my book. Sounds like a great day!
You know it!!!! Everytime I take a kid hunting I tell them, youre going to do alot of things in your life, but when the day is done and your sitting back thinking of your life, most if not all of your best memories will be of hunts youve taken with friends and family!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts