The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the firearm forum and had suggestion that I post here.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Franklin County area (south-central PA) who is good with H&R rifle trigger work?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Since no one has responded the last I heard was that if you sent the rifle back to H&R they would do a trigger job for you. Heard they were pretty decent trigger jobs too. You might want to give them a call. However this is years old info and they may not do it anymore. Here in Franklin Co. I don't have a clue (except maybe Keystone Country Store's (Ft. Loudin) 'smith. Truth is I've been looking for a good 'smith around here for years and have yet to find one. Good luck

Muab Dib

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
H&R triggers are simple to DYI. With few tools, some polishing compound and about a half of time its easy to get a 3# trigger.

Here are the step by step instructions. BTW...You <u>WILL</u> need the slave pin to re-install the lifter.

On the main page select "download", "agree" then scroll down to Handi Rife part 1 & 2
Another Fine Mess

Bill

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

the part in red needs attention polish with [email protected] 1500 and then flitz.I found no need to drop the hammer out of the housing just 2 pins that drop the lower unit.I will say you will need a slave pin to insert on the trigger housing..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have a .223 that I love! I have been considering having the trigger worked for awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts