The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I kinda fell into one of these. Seems like a nice little revolver. 6" barrel, 9 shot. I bought it from my brother who got it from the guy that bought it brand new. The story the old guy told him was that he bought it new in he thinks 1950 or 1951. Said he only shot it one day and that was less than a box of shells. Also said he thought he paid $8.00 for it. I gotta say this thing looks near mint,doesn't even have a drag line around the cylinder. It does have a serial number (B794). Anybody know maybe when it was made? And does this story sound likely? I got this thing pretty cheap, so what might it be worth? Might possibly think about flipping it, as it really wasn't a gun that is on my bucket list. But it is in incredible condition and the price was really good, so how could I say no? Anyway, thoughts, comments and input is appreciated. Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have been looking for one so if you want to dump it let me know. That being said unless there is something special with yours they arent worth much. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i have one from that era that was my grandads. he carried it in his fishing vest for years. they are rudimentary little pistols. good for trap line, etc but i have never seen one that is what i would call accurate. that model is very common and in decent shape usually sells for $100-150. i can't hit the broad side of the barn with mine. it hangs on the wall down at camp for the occasional possum or coon that shows up. in the 37 years i have owned it i think i have only gotten 1 or 2 pieces of game with it but i have scared the heck out of a lot. i got it when i was about 15 and shot the heck out of it in those days.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine shoots as well as my Ruger .22/45 with a red dot. GREAT little revolver, not as pretty as my S&W 8 3/8 inch barrel .22 - but a great all around revolver.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts