The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this revolver. I just picked one up a week or so ago. it had a scope mounted to it. Interested to hear people's experience and what ammo that you think shoots good. thank you

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I have one. Some history; these were inexpensive plinking pistols. I bought one 45 years ago, for $27 IIRC. Still have it. It will shoot anything. I only have the 22 rf cylinder (couldn't afford a double cylinder model).

It is a decent little gun. I have shoot competition target with it but it is not in the same league as my S&W m19.

some thoughts: The blueing is very thin, so keep it lightly oiled. If you keep it in a leather holster (as I do) this is especialy important. There are some plastic parts inside. Yours might be newer than mine, but the plastics are terrible. The spring guide is plastic and it has broken twice. Replacement parts are available fro Gun Parts (e-parts) aka Numruch arms. The plastic just dries and gets brittle. The last one I bought, I found a brass one. So if you have to replace it try and get a brass part. those parts are cheap. the first on was 5.25 but the one I got 2 years ago was $17.

Overal a nice plinker.... a good snake and chipmunk gun. Works good for a trap line pistol as it is light to carry a few miles. If it wasn't decent, I'd not have kept it all these years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts