The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with any of the GunVault products? Pros, Cons? What do you like or don't like and which do you have?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I love mine, in fact mine may be a bit to big. I have the deluxe model that has two shelves. Can fit 4 handguns and some mags, and flash light inside. It runs off outlet power and has a battery backup. Has a light inside, and the keypad on top. Also able to unlock with a key.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long have you had it?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have one next to my bed, when it opens a small light comes on for a short while so you can see. I keep my .45 acp and two extra mags in it. I have had it for about 5 years. Only thing I don't like is the location and accessing the battery. The one I have has the 4 buttons in finger groves but I am considering getting one that recognizes finger prints.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John is it full size .45? How much room is left after the gun and mags are in?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yes it is full size. Not much room left after the mags and the gun are inside. I really don't need mre room, my reason is to have a safe childproof container that I can open quickly in the dark and it serves that purpose. I shave a full size gun dafe for other items tat need to be secure.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John S said:
"a safe childproof container that I can open quickly in the dark"
Thats exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Sounds like John has the model that would better suite me. His is probably only one "level". Mine has a lot of un used space. I also utilize mine as a childproof container that is easily accessible.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Stogey said:
John S said:
"a safe childproof container that I can open quickly in the dark"
Thats exactly what I'm looking for.
That is why I got mine. Setting the sequence is not hard either. It also comes with a key, but I change my battery when I change the batteries for the smoke detectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts