The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a gunsmith in the NE part of the state, preferably close to the Wyoming valley. The people who used to do it that type of work that I knew of no longer are doing that kind of work. I am looking to have my son's Rem 700BDL re-blued and the stock redone taking the nicks and gouges out of stock and refinished. I appreciate the info. Thanks.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey Wing,there is a gunsmith out in Leraysville,Bradford Ct.Their name is PGS Gunsmithing Services.Met them at a gun show last year,nice people and they have an impressive website.I hunt up in Wyalusing so they are only about 60-70 miles from Wilkes-Barre.I hope this helps.The website is http://www.PGSGUNS.COM

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have used "George's Reloading" in Exeter to glass bed a bolt action for me and he seems knowledgeable. Never had him blue anything though. He has a lot of experience.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wing,here is another you can call.His name is Dale Anesi.His number is 477-2439.You go out on Rt 29 past Lake Silkworth to Rt. 118.Turn left at the light,then go short distance and bear to the left.Sheldons diner is on your right.Continue just a short way till you see cemetary on left.Turn on t cemetary rd. and Dales house is the 4th or 5th house on left pull in driveway up to carport.Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Crow......
I did not know that Piestrak did any gunsmithing?? I thought he was only a dealer.

·
Registered
378 Posts
George said:
I have used "George's Reloading" in Exeter to glass bed a bolt action for me and he seems knowledgeable. Never had him blue anything though. He has a lot of experience.
I have heard great things about George.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the Hemlock Gun Shop in Lake Ariel, PA, can't do it themselves (though I think they could) they definitely know the place to go.

·
Registered
513 Posts
PGS in Leraysville has done work for me. I have seen alot of great work from them. The target crowns were dead on and i have seen them warp stocks to fit righty's and lefty's. The guys really know their stuff.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
George said:
Crow......
I did not know that Piestrak did any gunsmithing?? I thought he was only a dealer.
George - I do believe he has his dad or uncle do the easier work and sends out the bigger things. I have taken several things to him and they are always perfect when they come back.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
George said:
Is George's Reloading still around?---I used to use George for everything BUT I heard the ATF closed his shop??? This was never confirmed!! George was always a Great guy!!
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts