The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
Dixons Muzzle Loading ? Muzzle Loading Shop ? Kempton, PA

Just a reminder of Dixon's annual Soiree! Good times, and usually there's something You can't, or at least won't leave without!

Right TDD? >:)
I have no idea what you're talkin' about. Nope.

(That little 36 is a really shooter, by the way, but that's beside the point!)

I likely will miss it this year. That week is the only week the family schedule and my work schedule both allowed for a family vacation. I may be able to go Sunday morning, but that'd be it.

I'm sure Matt/PA will have the flints all picked over by then!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Nice. Gonna try to make it up there this year. Forgot when it was last year, and by the time I checked, it of course was the weekend before.

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
I'm planning to go on Sunday, tentative on not being completely wiped out from the family vacation I'm getting back from the day before.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You had me at flintlocks and funnel cakes.

I'll have to see what's going on that weekend, and if I want to spend half the day in the car. 5.5 hours might be a bit much.

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
I never get to go Friday's, since I work M-F, so I'd have to take a day off for that. It's crowded.....some years more than others, but I've never had an issue getting to see anything (exhibit or workshop) that I wanted to see or hear.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I will be there on Friday and Saturday with a couple buddies.....always take the day off for Friday. (All the good stuff is gone by Saturday :surprise2::wink2:) I don't pray for much but I usually ask for cool weather for this show.......I've been there when it's been 90 degrees and it's so much more fun when you aren't dripping sweat into the flint bins. :grin2:
And PSA..... i will have picked out all the good ones before you guys get there! LOL

I plan to hit the horn making seminars at 9 and 3? I think.
Lots of good seminars this year. going to be hard to decide which ones to attend.

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
I'm bummed I can't make the first two days. But....family vacation comes first.

I'll try my best to get there on Sunday.

At least I won't have Matt perched over my ear saying "buy it! buy it! buy it!" this time! ;)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least I won't have Matt perched over my ear saying "buy it! buy it! buy it!" this time! ;)
All that means is You will need an extra hour or so to talk Yourself into one of Allen's masterpieces!:wink2:0:)

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
Believe it or not, there's one for sale over on ALR that, if it's the one I think it is, I once had a chance to buy and didn't. A nice Bucks in 40 cal.

I don't have the coin for it now anyway, and my 36 Schimmel took care of the small bore "need".

What I "need" now is stuff to do my Lehigh build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never been to Dixon's , but with my location now I am only about an hour drive away. Looks like I should bring a lot of money with me.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never been to Dixon's , but with my location now I am only about an hour drive away. Looks like I should bring a lot of money with me.
Plenty of nice stuff to spend it on!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey guys ....

Tom you know getting there on Sunday it like sucking rear tit .. everything will be picked over and not much left ...

Matt .. It's getting closer to you owning your new AMartin Flinter but ... not yet !!

For all you other chumps .. I found out earlier the week that I should have 2 flinters for-sale at the fair . A client passed away and his wife needs to sell these for money .. I should have these there on Friday ..
I can't remember exactly how the guns look , but the one is a Lehigh schimmel in a 54 caliber .. the other is 58 smoothbore in a Early Bucks Co. Dubbs style ..

I look forward to seeing everyone again .. stop by and turn it up !!
Bring low humidity and moderate temps ...

Allen ..

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
Yeah, yeah I know.

Matt will have bought all the good flints, powder horns, and sweated/drooled on all your rifles. Twice.

Rusty will have made a list of all the stuff I should buy and pm'ed it to me.

And then you come along with a Lehigh Schimmel in 54. Because that's my build project, and there you go offering one up all done and stuff.

But.... going on Sunday beats not going at all. At least, that's how I'm rationalizing it for myself! ;)

Of course, the consolation for me is that Matt is still waiting and trying to figure out how to be patient as his rifle climbs your project list. In the meantime, I have two that I am able to enjoy while he waits! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts